With its sunny and long days, and sunny weather, June in Paris is clearly one of the pleasant period for a stay in the french capital. You can enjoy the pleasant weather, by drinking a coffee or a cup of wine in a typical Parisian terrace of Saint-Germain-des-Près quarter for example. Temperatures can rise as it is the beginning or summer in Europe. Read complete info about Paris weather in June, what to wear and best things to do.
Weather in Paris in June
Average temperatures and rainfall in Paris
Regarding the weather conditions, June is one of the best time to visit the French capital. The temperature can high but not too much and there are not a lot of rainy days.
- min temperature :14°C / 57°F
- max temperature :24°C / 74°F
- average rainfall: 54 mm
- rainy days: 11
Generally, during June the weather is very sunny in Paris and temperatures are pleasant, not too warm just enough to enjoy walks, picnics in the city of light. In June, the spring ends in France, and the summer begins.
Of course, it could be stormy or just rainy. If you are a tennis French open addict you have certainly noticed that the weather could be very changing.
It can often be warm (but never excessively ) so prepare yourself with light clothes and sunscreen. But it can also sometimes be rainy with showers, but it is generally very pleasant.
Temperatures can rise during the afternoon, until 25-30°C (77-85 °Fahrenheit ), but they are often colder in the evening, or during the night. As the climate is changing, the probability to have temperatures upper than 30°C / 85°F is higher nowadays.
What to wear in Paris in June, What to pack
Packing for your trip to Paris in June depends greatly on the activities you want to do. The nights might be a little cold, while you can enjoy the sun in terraces and parks. Here we suggest a list of items you should bring:
- Light cotton clothing for long sunny days of June
- A light windbreaker jacket (mainly for the evening)
- Polo and summer clothes are very useful
- A cap or visor for sun protection
- An umbrella that can withstand the wind.
- Good walking shoes (but avoid wearing running shoes: you are in the capital of fashion !)
- Trendy clothes to get out of course : a shirt for men & why not a dress for women
Our selection of best activities in Paris :
>>Find our selection of best luxury hotels in Paris
Paris on Pentecost
This year, the Pentecost Monday is on May 29
In France, the Pentecost is a holiday but almost every museum and monument is open during this day.
Shops and malls are also open in Paris during the Pentecost.
So you will be able to enjoy all the activities during this long weekend in Paris
read more :
museums opening hours and days there
Paris in June: what to do , special events
There are many festive events in June in the French Capital (Music day, Roland Garros…). But book your tickets, flight, and hotels in advance because it can be expensive to travel to Paris this month.
With spring-ending and the beginning of summer, June is a very festive month in the French Capital.
- Drink a coffee or a cup of wine in the typical terrace of a Parisian Café.
- Have an excursion to Normandy D-Day beaches
- It’s the best time to visit parks and gardens, a lot of Parisian stay there during a day or an afternoon enjoying the wonderful colors and scents or having a picnic. ( Luxembourg or Tuileries gardens, Buttes Chaumont, Montsouris, Vincennes or Bois de Boulogne’)
- Have a walk on the Seine river banks. You can also have a biking day using the famous Velib bike sharing service.
- Have a picnic at Canal Saint Martin district (a beautiful channel in Paris).
- Taste a Bertillon ice cream in the district of Notre Dame or Latin Quarter. One of the best sorbet in the world.
- Discover the charming village atmosphere of the Abbesses quarter in Montmartre district
- Have a sunset cruise on the Seine River.
- Have a paddle session at the lake of the Vincennes wood.
- Enjoy the nightlife at the very trendy Marais district
- Have a day-trip at the country-side around Paris
- summer activities in Paris.
Read more: Romantic things to do in Paris.
Summer Sales in Paris
Summer Sales begin this year on June 21, 2023, at 8 am and ends on July. It’s one of the Best time to make a bargain in Paris.
Many stores and malls have exceptional opening hours during sales and are open on Sunday.
You can also discover Designers’ stock clearance and outlet shops where you can save money and buy Parisian fashion clothes.
read more: our Paris shopping guide
The second week of Roland Garros Tennis Tournament
Until June 11, 2023, the International French open is taking place in Paris. Book your places in advance to have a ticket during February or March.
Music Day, Fête de la Musique on June 21st, 2023
It’s now an international event, but the music day was invented in France. During this day and all Night, they are a lot of free concerts live in the streets. Many monuments are open during the night, the Metro is also open and free.
The City of Light comes alive with a very festive ambiance for this free and popular event
Many free concert lives are scheduled Eiffel Tower, Invalides, The Louvre…
Solidays Festival on June
The Solidays festival is a manifestation of fight against AIDS organized by Solidarity AIDS, which takes place every year on the Longchamp racecourse, which brings together more than 150 artists and 170,000 festival-goers up for three days
Weather festival in June
On Early June. A music festival with many international artists in various venues in Paris (Arab world institute, Bourget, La machine…).
Exhibition and Shows in Paris in June
- Warrol x Basquiat at Louis Vuitton fundation
- Manet and Mathis Exhibition at Musée d’Orsay – book there>
- Impressionism exibition at Musée de l’Orangerie.
Read more :
I’m visiting Paris in June 2014, I will certainly there on June 21st.
Is there a Free concert live schedule for the Music Day? Where will it take place?
Thanks for readings us.
Genraly there is many frre concert live for Music Day in Paris. One on Seine banks, one at Champs de Mars (Eiffel tower), one other at invalides of World arab institute.
We will publish soon the complete program
What are the weather forecasts for June this year? We are arriving in Paris in 2 weeks
Do you recommend to visit Paris in June 2021 as covid restrictions are not completely lifted?
yes, I recommend. If you like museums, it will be a great period. They will not be crowded and there will be good exhibitions.