With its sunny and long days, June is clearly one of the most touristic month in Paris. You can enjoy the pleasant weather in Paris in June, during long sunny days, by drinking a coffee or a cup of wine in a typical Parisian terrace of St Germain quarter for example. But take care because temperatures can rise.
There are many festive events (Music day, Roland Garros…). But book your tickets, flight and hotels in advance because it can be expensive to travel to Paris this month.
Weather in Paris in June
Regarding the weather conditions, June is one of the best time to discover the French capital.
- min temperature :12°C / 54°F
- max temperature :21°C / 70°F
- average rainfall : 54 mm
- rainy days : 11
Generally during June the weather is very sunny in Paris and temperatures are pleasant, not too warm just enough to enjoy walks, pic-nics in the city of light.
Of course it could be stormy or just rainy. If you are tennis French open addict you have certainly noticed that the weather could be very changing.
It can often be warm (but never excessively ) so prepare yourself with light clothes and sunscreen. But it can also sometime be rainy with showers, but it is generally very pleasant.
Temperature can rise during the afternoon, until 25-30°C (77-85 °fahrenheit ), but they are often colder at the evening, or during the night.
What to wear in Paris in June, What to pack
Packing for your trip to Paris depends greatly on activities you want to do. The nights might be a little cold, while you can enjoy the sun in terraces and parks . Here we suggest a list of items you should bring:
- Light cotton clothing for long sunny days of June
- A windbreaker jacket (mainly for the evening)
- a polo and summer clothes could be useful
- A cap or visor for sun protection
- A sturdy umbrella that can withstand the wind.
- Good walking shoes (but avoid wearing running shoes : you are in the capital of fashion !)
- Trendy clothes to get out of course
Paris on Pentecost – June 4, 2017
In France the Pentecost is a holiday but almost every museum and monument is open during this day.
Shops and malls are also open in Paris during the Pentecost.
So you will be able to enjoy all activities during this long week end in Paris
read more :
Things to do in Paris in June
With spring ending and the beginning of summer, June is a very festive month in the French Capital.
- Drink a coffee or a cup of wine in the typical terrace of a Parisian Café.
- Have an excursion to Normandy D-Day beaches
- It’s the best time to visit parks and gardens, a lot of Parisian stay there during a day or an afternoon enjoying the wonderful colors and scents or having a picnic. ( Luxembourg or Tuilerie gardens, Buttes Chaumont, Montsouris, Vincennes or Boulognes Park)
- Have a walk on the Seine river banks. You can also have a biking day using the famous velib bike sharing service.
- Have a picnic at Canal Saint Martin district (a beautiful channel in Paris).
- Taste a Berthillon ice cream in the district of Notre Dame or latin quarter. One of the best sorbet in the world.
- Discover the charming village atmosphere of the Abbesses quarter in Montmartre district
- Have a paddle session at the lake of the Vincennes wood.
- Enjoy the nightlife at the very trendy Marais district
- Have a day-trip at country-side around Paris
- summer activities in Paris.
read more : Things to do in Paris, must do’s.
Summer Sales in Paris
Summer Sales begin this year on June 28, 2017 at 8am and ends on August 08. It’s one of the Best time to make bargain in Paris.
Many stores and malls have exceptional opening hours during sales and are open on Sunday.
You can also discover Designers’ stock clearance and outlets shops where you can save money and buy Parisian fashion clothes.
read more : our Paris shopping guide
Special events in Paris in June
Second week of Roland Garros Tennis Tournament
From May 22 until June 11, 2017, the International French open is taking place in Paris. Book your places in advance to have a ticket during February or March.
Music Day, Fête de la Musique on June 21, 2017
It’s now an international event, but the music day was invented in France. During this day and all the Night they are a lot of free concerts live in the streets. Many monuments are open during the night , the Metro are aslo open and free .
The City of Light comes alive with a very festive ambiance for this free and popular event
Many free concet live are scheduled Eiffel Tower, Invalide, The Louvre…
Solidays Festival on June – June 23-25, 2017
The Solidays festival is a manifestation of fight against AIDS organized by Solidarity AIDS, which takes place every year on the Longchamp racecourse, which brings together more than 150 artists and 170,000 festival-goers up for three days
Weather festival in June
On Early June. A music festival with many international artists in variour venues in Paris (Arab world institue, Bourget, La machine…).
Exhibition in Paris in June
- Impression/creation – Print the World at Centre George Pompidou until June 19
- Beyond the Stars. The Mystical Landscape from Monet to Kandinsky – Exhibition at Musée d’Orsay until June 25.
- Rodin the Centennial Exhibition at Grand Palais until July 31
Read more :