Thanks to its nice weather, July in Paris is the month of festivals, concerts live. It is also the month of the Bastille Day (National Day) with its parades, fireworks and summer activities. Read our complete guide to visit Paris in July : the weather conditions, what to dress, best activities and events.
Covid-19 restrictions will end on June. All activities (Museums, cruises, shows…) will be available on July. Shops will also be open. A health pass or a travel pass will certainly be necessary to travel in France.
July 2021 will certainly be the best period to visit Paris as restrictions will end and the city will not be crowded.
Paris weather in July
-min temperature: 14°C / 57°F
-max temperature: 24°C / 75°F
-average rainfall: 63 mm
In average, Paris weather is generally mild in July . Max temperatures are between 20 and 27°C (68 to 80 °F).
The weather can also be warm in Paris in July as temperatures can rise during until 30°C and sometimes until 35 °C (86 and 95 °Fahrenheit ).
Of course, it can always rain (the average rainfall is about 63 mm) and the weather could be stormy during the summer.
The days are long so the same day can be sunny and also cloudy.
Meteo France can forecast an exceptional Heatwave until mid-July. The temperature can rise until 39°C (102.2 °F) during the afternoons. Nights can also be warm.
Get colder and drink water regularly.
What to wear in Paris in July? What to pack
Spending summer in the capital of fashion? Find a list about what to pack to Paris
- Light cotton clothing for sunny days
- A windbreaker jacket
- Many T-shirts, for warm days.
- Sunglasses or visor for sun protection
- A sturdy umbrella that can withstand the wind.
- Swimsuit for swimming
- Good walking shoes.
- Open and closed shoes.
- Summer clothes: Shorts, T-shirts, Polos
Things to do in Paris in July
- Have a walk in Montmartre district
- Go dancing in Seine river bank: every evening until late August, arenas in Quai Saint-Bernard fill with a crowd of dancers. Tango, salsa, waltz and rock and roll, all styles are on the Seine and it’s free.
- Picnic in many parks in Paris (Monceau, Butte Chaumont, Luxembourg)
- Discover the “coulée verte”, an elevated pedestrian zone which starts on viaduct des Arts. Under the Promenade there are many trendy shops and Art galleries.
- July is one of the best months to enjoy a Lunch cruise in Paris.
- During the summer in Paris, there are many concert lives, festivals (Paris Plage, Quai d’été…)
Read more: Things to do in Paris, must do’s.
Special events in Paris in July
Tropical Carnival of Paris
More than 4,000 dancers, dozens of tanks from around the world welcome you for a crazy parade! Paris Tropical Carnival is back for its 18th edition in July 2019 in the streets of the 11th arrondissement of Paris.
Bastille Day (National Day), parades, fireworks, dancing – July 13th and 14th, 2021
This year, The celebration of 14 July 2021 starts at the time of the commemoration of the centenary of the Great War.
The former belligerent countries are invited to the parade on the Champs Elysées Avenue.
In the evening, a Philharmonic concert is scheduled at the Champ de Mars, with a firework show on the theme of “War and Peace”.
For July 13th and July 14h, many concert live and parties are organized by firemen in their firehouses (Les bals des pompiers).
They are very appreciated by Parisians.
read more: Bastille Day celebrations in Paris
With this famous summer event in Paris, find beaches on the Seine bank, beaches activities (beach volley, mini-catamaran), free dancing lessons, concert live and other surprising events.