Thanks to its nice weather, July in Paris is the month of festivals, concerts live. It is also the month of the Bastille Day (National Day) with its parades, fireworks and summer activities.
Paris weather in July
-min temperature: 14°C / 57°F
-max temperature: 24°C / 75°F
-average rainfall : 63 mm
The weather can be warm in Paris during July. Temperatures can rise during the day until 30°C and sometimes until 35 °C (86 and 95 °Fahrenheit ). The days are long and often sunny but they can also be cloudy.
But don’t be afraid, Paris weather is generally quite mild in July between 20 and 26 °C (68 to 78 °F) .
Of course it can always rain (the average rainfall is about 63 mm) and the weather could be stormy during the summer.
For 2015, Meteo France forecats an exceptional Heat wave until mid-july. Temperature will rise until 39°C (102.2 °F) during the afternoons. Nights will will also be warm.
Get colder and drink water regurlary.
What to wear in Paris in July? What to pack
Spending summer in the capital of fashion? Find a list about what to pack to Paris
- Light cotton clothing for sunny days
- A windbreaker jacket
- Many T-shirts, for warm days.
- Sun glasses or visor for sun protection
- A sturdy umbrella that can withstand the wind.
- Swimsuit for swimmings
- Good walking shoes.
- Open and closed shoes.
- Summer clothes : Shorts, T-shirts, polos
Things to do in Paris in July
- Have a walk in Montmartre district
- Go to danse in seine river bank : every evening until late August, arenas in Quai Saint-Bernard fill with a crowd of dancers. Tango, salsa, waltz and rock and roll, all styles are on the Seine and it’s free
- picnic in many parks in Paris (Monceau, Butte Chaumont, Luxembourg)
- Discover the “coulée verte” , an elevated pedestrian zone which starts on viaduc des Arts. Under the Promenade there are many trendy shops and Art galleries
- During the summer in Paris there are many concert lives, festivals (Paris Plage, quai d’été…)
read more : Things to do in Paris, must do’s.
Special events in Paris in July
Tropical Carnival of Paris – July 5th, 2014
More than 4,000 dancers, dozens of tanks from around the world welcome you for a crazy parade! Paris Tropical Carnival is back for its 13th edition on Saturday, July 5, 2014 in the streets of the 11th arrondissement of Paris.
Bastille Day (National Day), parades, fireworks, dancing – July 13 and 14 , 2014
This year, The celebration of 14 July 2014 starts at the time of the commemoration of the centenary of the Great War.
The former belligerent countries are invited to the parade on the Champs Elysées Avenue.
In the evening, a philharmonic concert is scheduled at the Champ de Mars, with a firework show on the theme of “War and Peace”.
For July 13th and July 14h many concert live and parties are organized by firemen in their firehouses (Les bals des pompiers).
They are very appreciated by Parisians.
read more : Bastille day celebrations in Paris
- Paris Plage
With this famous summer event in Paris, find beaches on the seine bank, beaches activities (beach volley, mini-catamaran) , free dancing lessons, concert live and other surprising events.