You plan to visit Paris in March and you need tips about the weather, things to do, what to pack, how to spend a romantic, fun, or festive stay in Paris… Welcome
Exhibitions, festivals and Carnivals are taking place during March to celebrate winter end and the new spring.
Find info about St Patrick’s Day and Paris Book Fair. The early March could still be cold and rainy, but you may certainly feel the spring coming and see flowering trees.
Paris Weather in March
- min temperature: 3°C / 37°F
- max temperature : 11°C / 52°F
- average rainfall : 48 mm
During March, the spring comes very slowly. Early March could be very cold, and it can snow during this period. But it’s often rainy and the weather can change many times a day. It’s March showers (Giboulées de Mars in French) . At late March, it becomes more sunny and milder but temperatures rarely rise upper than 20°C (68°F)
What to pack, what to wear in Paris in March?
At the end of March, temperatures start to increase but an umbrella is very recommended due to many showers. Temperatures can vary a lot in the day with a cold morning and a dim afternoon. See 5 day weather forecast for Paris
- What to pack
At the Early ,it is better to be dressed for the cold. You need to bring with you a waterproof coat (for showers), gloves could be useful but not really necessary. An umbrella might be useful, waterproof shoes too. As the month last weeks are dimmer, you bring sun glasses, and lighter clothes. Don’t worry ! You can do shopping in many famous shopping places listed here.
Things to do in Paris in March
During the first days of March you can find many little Carnivals in Paris.
- The most important, the “Canarval de Paris” will take place in early March. it’s the walk of fatty beef and Carnival of Paris! This year’s theme: fairies, trolls and company. The carnival starts at place Gambetta (20th arrondissement) at 1pm.
- mid Mar. Women’s Carnaval – Feast of the Queens of Mi-Carême Washerwomen organized by the Coeur Soeur – Women are encouraged to dress in queens and men in women, if they dare.
Special events in Paris in March
Paris Book Fair
The 37th Paris Book Fair edition, will take place at the Porte de Versailles on March 24 to March 27, 2017 , and will honor Moroccan literature.
Morocco to be guest of honor. A delegation of 15 to 20 authors is expected. Visitors can take part to meetings, debates, lectures and, of course, to signings…
St. Patrick’s Day in Paris
On March 17th many pubs in Paris celebrate St Patrick’s Day. In Paris this Day is generally considered as an Irish Celebration .
You can find many Irish Pub at boulevard de Clichy (Paris 18th) and other more typical like
- Carr’s 1, rue du Mont Thabor, 75 001 Paris
- The Cork and Cavan Pub 70 Quai de Jemmapes 75010 Paris
Semi Marathon 2017
On March 5, 2017, the Fitbit Sem-marathon of Paris will gather more than 40000 runners.
The route is of course amazing along the Seine River banks or in the Bois de Vincennes.
Exhibitions in Paris in March
- Vermeer Exhibition at Musée du Louvre
- Chtchoukine Collection at Fondation Louis Vuitton until March 5
- Camille Pissarro, The first impressionist at Musée Marmottant
- Rodin the Centennial at Grand Palais : from March 22, 2017