Visiting Paris and want to make the most out of Parisian life? We propose you a list of activities to do in Paris. Whether you are just passing through the city or taking a long vacation, these activities can be done alone, with friends, with your significant other or with your family in 2019 / 2020. You will find out fun things to do, boat tours, arty and outdoor activities in Paris.
Boat and cruising activities in Paris
This is one of the most popular things to do when you visit Paris for the first time and makes for some good times with friends. And it’s certainly one of the funniest ways to discover Paris.
- Bateaux Parisiens (Parisian Boats) – This is one of the best-known boating companies in the city. From the simple trip passing by Paris’ most beautiful landmarks to a romantic dinner cruise, the choice is yours!
The boat leaves from near the Eiffel Tower and sails to the Port de la Bourdonnais. Prices from 14 euros to 265 euros.
>>Book your Bateaux Parisiens cruise online.
Prices from 13,50 euros to 184 euros.
>>Book your Bateaux Mouches boat tour online.
Places to Visit and Guided Tours
- Guided Tour of the Louvre
Visit one of the world’s most beautiful museums and see the Joconde or the Egyptology department. We would recommend to you : >>book a queue-jump ticket in advance.
You can begin with a visit of the Musée d’Orsay or l’Orangerie and finish in Normandy, passing through Chatou, Auvers sur Oise, and Givrent. Book tickets here.
For more ideas, take a look at our Guide to Visiting Paris
Outdoor and biking activities in Paris
- Cycle along the Banks of the Marne – If you want to venture outside of the city walls for a bike ride, you can cycle along the banks of the river Marne. You can leave from the Vincennes woods or Nogent sur Marne, getting ever further away from Paris as you cycle next to the river. Cyclorama Events offer bike-hire and route plans.
- Cycle along the Quays of the Seine – You can also ride along the quays of the Seine and enjoy a beautiful view of Paris’ famous landmarks.
- Rollerblading in Paris – With Pari Roller, take a tour of Paris on skates! Trips leave every Friday at 10 pm from Place Raoul Daurty in the 14th arrondissement.
See also: Couples’ Activities in Paris.
Cultural Activities to do in Paris
See a Musical – There are always musical comedy events around Mogador, in Châtelet theatre, and in Casino de Paris – the choice is yours.
Read also our Paris museum guide.
Unique things to do in Paris
- Visit the Paris Catacombs – Descend several meters below ground to see centuries-old catacombs.
Visit the Paris Sewers – This is one of the most unique museums in Paris. discover the sewers, the channeling, and the wastewater treatment systems.
Sport and Sporting Events in Paris
- See a Soccer Game at Parc des Princes – Whether or not you are a fan of the Paris Saint-Germain football club, this is a good opportunity to witness the fantastic sporting spectacle in a great venue.
- See a Red Star match at Jean-Bouin – Staying with the theme of soccer, the Red Star offers an alternative to PSG. The crowds are smaller but just as passionate.
- See a Stade Français match at Jean-Bouin – At Jean Bouin you will also find the Stade Français Rugby Club.
- See the French National teams for Soccer and Rugby play at the Stade de France
- Watch a Tennis Tournament – Both Roland Garros and Paris-Bercy offer different atmospheres and serve as stages for the greatest players in the world of tennis.
- Visit the Longchamps Hippodrome
- Christmas Decorations and Lights – During the end-of-year celebrations, shop window displays try hard to impress. Many streets and landmarks are also decorated, and the City of Lights lives up to its nickname.
- Stroll through the Père Lachaise Cemetery – Père Lachaise is a true open-air museum. It is also a very peaceful, green area. Guided Tours of the Cemetery are Available.
- Discover la Coulée Verte (The Green Path) – This elevated walkway is a unique place for a walk.
- Have a Picnic in one of Paris’ Green Areas – This is a very popular activity among Parisians on nice days. Chaumont, the Vincennes woods, and the Montsouris park are fabulous settings for a picnic.
- Take a Boat-Ride on the Minimes Lake in Vincennes Woods
- Play Pétanques at the Villette lakeside
- Have a romantic walk in Narrow streets of Montmartre Neighborhood.