Paris – known to be the most romantic city in the world – is also famous for its restaurants, museums, and history. If you wonder how to spend an unforgettable stay in the French capital with your lover, here is a selection of romantic things to do in Paris.
Read our selection of the best activities, including monuments to visit, must do’s, romantic places, and a selection of many other sweet things.
Most Romantic things to do in Paris
Have a romantic stroll in the Seine River banks.
Enjoy a wonderful sunset while walking in the left bank of the Seine: from St Michel to Jardin des Plantes park for instance. During summertime, many free dance lessons ( salsa, tango,
Enjoy a Seine river cruise.
Many possibilities are available from the simple boat trip to the gourmet dinner cruise including a concer live show during a chic Seine river boat tour.
The sight from the Seine is very beautiful during the sunset. Parisian monuments (Notre Dame, Orsay Museum, Les Invalides…) look particularly wonderful seen from this spot. And if you feel hungry, you can have a romantic dinner in some of the best Paris riverboats: Capitaine Fracasse, Paris en Scène…
Romantic visit of Paris by 2CV
It is one of the most romantic experiences in Paris: a visit to the picturesque neighborhood by 2CV. In this iconic French car, you will be driven through famous places of City of love. You will also discover off beaten track places tanks to sympathetic French drivers.
Visit the covered passages
Built between the end of the 18th century and around 1850, the longest (190 m) passage is the “Choiseul Passage”. The Entrances is 40, rue des Petits Champs Paris (Mo Pyramide). The Vivienne Gallery and the Colbert Passage are two other beautiful passages to discover.
More about the walk in covered passages in Paris
Pont des Arts
Have a picnic on the Pont des Arts: Also known as THE “love Bridge”. Write your names on a padlock and leave it locked on the bridge. Many couples visit this bridge, it’s considered by many as the most romantic place in Paris. Visit the love bridge, and “lock” your love forever.
Have a walk and a dinner in Montmartre area
Montmartre is a neighborhood with a village atmosphere and many picturesque streets and squares. This one of the most appreciated spot in Paris for a romantic stroll. You can visit the Abbesses quarter (Quartier des Abesses) known to be an artists landmark. You can also enjoy one of Paris’ most spectacular panoramas from the Sacré Coeur Basilica. (Mo Abesses, or Anvers)
Musée de la vie romantique
Visit the Romantic life Museum (Musée de la Vie Romantique) and its picturesque Garden. Enjoy a tea or a drink at the Museum’s terrace: unforgettable!
Read more on Musée de la Vie Romantique website.
Have a romantic stroll in the Tuileries Garden
Visit the romantic Tuileries Garden, one of the favorite parks of Parisian lovers.
It is located very close to the Louvre Museum and the Seine River.
Ice skating at the Eiffel Tower
Surprise your lover with some ice-skating at the Eiffel Tower. The ice skating rink is transparent and situated at an altitude of 57 meters. The view and the sensations are simply amazing.
More details here :
Attractions for couples in Paris (or around Paris)
Many attractions are perfect for a romantic gateway in the French Capital. Here is our selection:
- Visit the Eiffel Tower
Of course! Impossible to go to Paris without visiting La grande dame .
Height: 320 meters
Weight : 10.100 tons
It should have been destroyed 1 year after its construction. Fortunately, the demolition was aborted and she is still alive.
Want to be romantic: have dinner at a gourmet restaurant in the Eiffel Tower, perfect for couples
- Have a walk on the Champs Elysées avenue.
1910 meters from the Arch of Triumph to the Concorde Place.
The most beautiful and the most famous avenue in the world.
The sight from the top of the Arc de Triomphe is wonderful. During the winter, the Grande Roue at Concorde place is very appreciated by lovers.
- Be amazed by the Notre Dame Cathedral : (Mo Cité Or St-Michel)
The monument the most visited in Paris, Thanks to Victor Hugo.
The construction of Notre Dame started in 1160 and finished 2 centuries later in 1345. Do not miss the spectacular rose window, the nave and the gallery of King.
- Discover the magic village atmosphere of Montmartre
Its Veinard, the Sacré Coeur Basilica, its Art galleries, museums and Amelie from Montmartre walk.
All around the Basilica wind, enjoy the narrow streets and picturesque stairways of old Montmartre made famous by artists and writers who lived there. One of the most picturesque
- Taste French food in a typical restaurant or cook it yourself using food market French products.
You can find vegetables, organic fresh food, cheese, wine, and other typical French products.
You can also visit the famous flower markets of Madeleine or Cité Island.
- Go out with your lover at the Marais neighborhood : (Mo Saint Paul)
Taste a typical falafel in a Jewish quarter restaurant, or go out in one of the many bars, pubs or night club to choose from. You can also visit Art Galleries or museums. On Friday and Saturday nights, the Marais is crowded with people out dining or bar-hopping with friends.
- Have a picnic at the Invalides esplanade
One of the most famous places in Paris and one of the most beautiful sight thanks to the Esplanade, the Church of the Dome, the Military Museum, the Emperor Napoleon Grave and the Invalides Soldier Monument.
- Have a stroll in the Père Lachaise Cemetery
The most visited cemetery in the world where many great artists, painters, and writers were buried. Molière, Marcel Proust, Delacroix, Modigliani, Edith Piaf, Jim Morrison …
With its garden, architectures, statues, it’s now a real open-air museum. And it’s totally free !! A very good place for a stroll.
- Be impressed by the Château of Versailles and its colorful gardens: (château of the king Louis XIV) (Station Chateau de Versaille- RER C).
Louis XIV built this château in which he established a home and a government. The many buildings attached to the château constitute a small town. The whole complex is a magnificent monument to the Sun King. The garden is wonderful, ideal for a walk with your beloved.
- Admire the panorama from the last floor of Montparnasse Tower. Parisians say ironically that it’s the best panorama of Paris because it’s the only place in the town where you don’t see the tower. You can have a romantic dinner at the restaurant, Ciel de Paris, hosted on the last floor.
- Visit the château of Vaux-le-Vicomte : (known to be the castle that inspired the Château de Versailles)
- Have a bike tour in one of the charming neighborhoods of Paris: Better with a mild weather
You have the choice: book a biking tour or use the Velib’ bike-sharing service. They are many biking itineraries in Paris. It is very pleasant to discover Paris using a bike for sunny days.
- Enjoy the cultural richness of the City of light, with its art exhibits, Opera, Theaters and musicals.
Read Also Fun things to do in Paris
If you are looking for a museum in Paris to impress your sweetheart
- The Louvre Museum: The most famous museum in Paris (Maybe in the world). Very interesting for its Egyptian collection. The Louvre paintings – The Joconde (Mona Lisa), L’Ultima Cena of Leonardo da Vinci, “La Liberté Guidant le Peuple” of de Lacroix – are also very well known. (Mo Louvre-Rivoli)
- Orsay Museum: A Wonderful museum housed in a very beautiful and very old train station. Academism, Impressionism, Symbolism, Realism, you can explore all of those art movements at the Orsay Museum. You will also be able to learn about some famous artist such as Gauguin, Van Gogh, Cézanne, Renoir an interesting audio guide. (Mo Musée d’Orsay or Solférino)
- Musée Carnavalet: This is a very typical museum about Paris history from the Gallo-Roman times (when Paris was still called Lutetia) until today, including the MiddleAges and the French Revolution. You can also visit the Crypt of Notre-Dame Cathedral and catacombs. ( Mo Chemin Vert or Saint Paul)
- Musée de la Vie Romantique Of Course, you have to visit this museum devoted to Romanticism. The houses pieces of furniture used to be the property of George Sand. Try a tea at the Museum’s café!
- Georges Pompidou Museum (or Beaubourg Museum): A Modern Art Museum and a famous library. (Mo Rambuteau or Halles)
- Musée Rodin and its Garden: Famous to be a meeting place for Parisian Couples, the Gardens of the Rodin Museum are peaceful and very charming.
Find also info about Parisiens Museums: collections, hours, prices.