September marks the end of the high season in Paris, and during this less touristy month, prices in the city slowly start to fall, meaning that you can enjoy a sunny visit of Paris for less!
September Weather in Paris
– min temperature : 11°C / 52°F
– max temperature : 21°C / 70°F
– average rainfall : 54 mm
Although the Parisian weather can be quite variable in September, it remains pleasant for the most part. September is generally a sunny month with one of the lowest average rainfalls in the year.
There can be a large variation in temperature during the day: (between 17°C and 23 °C/between 63°F and 73°F)
Early September Weather in Paris
Early September weather can be warm and is similar to that of late August. This time of the month is perfect for enjoying a pleasant stroll around French Capital in the late Summer sun.
Late September Weather in Paris
Late September marks the beginning of Fall in Paris , with temperatures decreasing slowly (to around 15°C/60°F) but remaining quite mild. Although you may be more likely to experience rainy and windy conditions, September is still a generally dry month.
read more : Weather in Paris by month
What to Pack, What to Wear
If you are traveling to Paris in September, be sure to be well-prepared for both Summer and Fall weather:
- Light cotton clothes for sunny days, especially if you are visiting during early September
- a Sweater in case of cooler conditions, and for colder evenings
- A windproof jacket could also be useful
- A cap and sunglasses to protect you on sunny days
- An umbrella in case of rain showers
- Good walking shoes for exploring the city – but remember this is the Fashion Capital, so trainers are a no-no!
Things to Do in Paris at the End of Summer
It’s back-to-school month, the end of a season and the beginning of a new one. There are many late Summer activities to enjoy in Paris:
- Take a walk along the banks of the river Seine in the Latin quarter
- Visit Butte Chaumont or other parks in Paris ( Monsouris, Luxembourg, Bois de Vincennes)
- Take a Seine river cruise and discover “the most beautiful avenue in Paris”
- This is one of the best periods to visit museums in Paris (Louvre, Orsay, Rodin) and there are many new exhibitions (check our event calendar)
- Visit the Porte de Vanves flea Market (the famous inspiration for many great designers)
- Discover art galleries in Marais district
- Discover the historic Saint Germain-des-Près quarter
Special Events in Paris in September
European heritage days (Journées européennes du patrimoine), September 15th -16th
Around mid-September, numerous monuments and museums open their doors to the public for free. Several museums also organize many activities to aid people in their discovery of Parisian culture.
You can also visit offices and monuments that are usually closed to public, such as Elysée Palace – the official residence of the French President – or the Matignon Hotel, which houses the Prime Minister.
Read more : Free things to do in Paris
Techno Parade 2018, Sept. 22nd
The Techno Music Parade will take place on September 22nd in Paris with all of its eccentric participants.
- Paris Fashion Week – End of September 2018
One week for the Fashion Capital to showcase its creativity to the world, with one hundred shows organized in wonderful Parisian venues such as Grand Palais, Palais de Tokyo, and Theatre Chaillot. You will find the complete Paris Fashion Week schedule on our site.
- La Plage Festival with Free Live Music on the Seine Bank, last weekend in September
Read more :