Paris is known to be the most romantic City in the world. But Paris is also famous for its restaurants, museums and history …
If you are wondering what to do in Paris, please find below many activities, must do’s and good spots in Paris, monuments to visit, best things to do and a selection of most romantic things.
Must do’s in Paris (or in the Great Paris)
- Visit the Eiffel Tower
Height : 320 meters
Weight : 10.100 tons
It should be destroyed 1 year after its birth. Fortunately, she is still alive
- Visit the Champs Elysées avenue.
1910 meters from the Arch of Triumph to Concorde Place.
The most beautiful and the most famous avenue in the world.
The sight from the top of the Arc de Triomphe is wonderful
- Visit the Notre Dame Cathedral : (Mo Cité Or St-Michel)
Notre Dame was begun in 1160 and finished 2 centuries later in 1345. Don’t miss the spectacular rose window, the nave and the gallery of King
- Discover the magic village atmosphere of Montmartre neighborhood
Its Veinard, the Sacré Coeur Basilica, its Art galleries, museums and Amelie from Montmartre walk.
All around the Basilica wind the narrow streets and picturesque stairways of old Montmartre made famous by artists and writers who lived there.
- Taste French food at a typical restaurant or cooked by yourself with food market French products
You can also visit famous flower markets of Madeleine, or Cité Island.
- Get out at the Marais neighborhood : (Mo saint Paul)
Taste one of typical falafel in a restaurant in the jewish quarter, or get out in one of many bars, pubs or night club. You can also visit Art Galleries or museums. On Friday and Saturday nights, the Marais is crowed with people out dining or bar-hopping with friends.
- Discover the Invalides
One of the most famous places in Paris and one of the most beautiful sight thanks to the esplanade, the church of the Dome, the Military Museum, the Emperor Napoleon Grave and the Invalides Soldier Monument.
With its garden, architectures, statues, it’s now a real open-air museum. And it’s free !!
- Visit the château of Versailles : (château of the king Louis XIV) (Station Chateau de Versaille- RER C).
Louis XIV built this château in which he set up home and installed the government. The many buildings attached to the château form quite a small town. The whole complex is a magnificent monument to the Sun King
- Admire the panorama from the last floor of Montparnass Tower Parisian people say ironically it is the best panorama of Paris, because the only place in the town where you don’t see the tower
- Visit the château of Vaux-le-Vicomte : (known to be the castle which inspired the Château de Versailles)
- Have a bike tour: Better with a mild weather
You have choice between many possibilities : book a biking tour or use the velib’ bike-sharing service. They are many biking itineraries in Paris . It is very pleasant to discover Paris using bike during sunny days.
- Enjoy the cultural richness of the City of light, with its art exhibits, Opera, Theaters and musicals.
Read our Paris event calendar
Romantic things to do
- Have a romantic walk in seine river docks. it is wonderful at the sunset.
- Enjoy a seine river cruise. Many possibilities are available from the simple cruise to admire Parisian monuments to the romantic gourmet diner with a show during a chic Seine river boat tour
- Visit the covered passages built between the end of 18th century and around 1850 : For example the longest (190 m) passage is the « Choiseuil Passage ». The Entrances is 40, rue des Petits Champs Paris (Mo Pyramide)
- Visit the love bridge, named le pont des arts, and « lock » your love for ever
read more : most romantic things to do in Paris
If you are looking for a museum in Paris :
Museums in Paris
- The Louvre Museum : The most famous museum in Paris (Maybe in the world). Very interesting for its Egyptian collection. The Louvre paintings (The Joconde (Mona Lisa), L’Ultima Cena of Leonardo da Vinci, « La Liberté Guidant le Peuple » of de Lacroix) are also very known.(Mo Louvre-Rivoli)
- Orsay Museum : A Wonderful museum housed in a very beautiful old train station building. Many movements are exposed Academism, Impressionism, Symbolism, Realism. Many artists (Gauguin, Van Gogh, Cézanne, Renoir) are explained with an insteresting audio guide.(Mo Musée d’Orsay or Solférino)
- Musée Carnavalet : This a very typical museum about History of Paris from the Gallo-Roman town of Lutetia to today, including middle age and French revolution. You can also visit Crypt of Notre-Dame Cathedral and catacombs. ( Mo Chemin Vert or Saint Paul)
- Georges Pompidou Museum (or Beaubourg Museum) A Modern Art museum and famous library. (Mo Rambuteau or Halles)
Free things to do in Paris
- visiting museums on Sunday,
- dancing in the seine river bank,
- free sport with a coach.
- free biking tour
Things to do on Sunday