The architecture of this place is what makes it unique, deemed scandalous at the time of its inauguration, the Centre Pompidou Paris welcomes no less than 5 million visitors each year. In this guide, you will find all the essential information about your visit: Centre Pompidou opening hours, prices, busy periods, exhibitions, and how to book tickets in advance to avoid long waits.
Bringing together all forms and elements of contemporary culture, “Beaubourg”, as it is also known, has won the hearts of the public by bringing a playful aspect to the discovery of modern art. Each year it hosts numerous exhibition events.
Opening hours and Accessing the Centre Pompidou
Centre Pompidou Opening hours:
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Closed on Tuesday
- Closed 1st May
On Thusday, some exhibitions have special opening hours in the Centre Pompidou . They can be accessible until 11:00 pm
Address: Centre Georges Pompidou, Place Beaubourg, 75004 Paris
Metro: Rambuteau, Les Halles
CentRe Pompidou Price & tickets
- Centre Pompidou Entrance Ticket price: €14
- Centre Pompidou + Boat Tour price : €21,50
Avoid long waits and book your priority access ticket in advance.
- with this ticket:
- Fast track access
- Admission to Collections & Art Exhibitions
- Access to the View of Paris Rooftop
- The best price for online ticket
Busy Periods and Queues at the Centre Pompidou
The waiting time in the queue can be very long.
You can wait for up to 3 hours on Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
During the Week, waiting times can easily reach 1 hour 30 minutes in both the morning and afternoon.
The solution? A queue-jump ticket: for 14 euros you can avoid the line and even access certain exhibitions.
Opening hours and queues in the Centre Pompidou
You can buy your ticket here:
>>Centre Pompidou priority access ticket
Have a look on Most important Museums in Paris.
Exhibitions at Centre Pompidou in 2020
Prix Duchamp, Matisse, and Pierre Soulages… Here is a list of exhibitions currently happening at the Centre Georges Pompidou.
- Christian Boltanski – Life in the making – until March 16; 2020
- Pierre Soulage – until March 9, 2020
- Yuan Jai – until April 27, 2020
- Matisse – May 13 – August 31, 2020
- Bacon – September 11, 2019 to January 20, 2020
- Takesada Matsutani – June 26 to September 23 2019
- Cao Fei.HX – June 6 to August 26, 2019
- Photo Exhibition: Shunk-Kender: Art in the eye of the Camera. March 27 to August 2019
- Prehistory – May 8 to September 6 2019
- Dora Maar – June 5 to July 29 2019
- Exhibition: Ellsworth Kelly – until May 27, 2019
- Isidore Isou – March 6 to May 20, 2019 Cy Twombly exhibition at the Centre Pompidou – 30th November until 24th April 2017
- PRIX MARCEL DUCHAMP 2016: KADER ATTIA, YTO BARRADA, ULLA VON BRANDENBURG AND BARTHÉLÉMY TOGUO (Contemporary Art) – 12th October 2016 until 30th January 2017
- MAGRITTE : LA TRAHISON DES IMAGES (The Infidelity of Pictures) (Exhibition of paintings) – 21st September 2016 until 23rd January 2017
- JEAN-LUC MOULÈNE Exhibition – 19th October 2016 until 20th February 2017
- Graffiti Brassaï – 9th Novembre 2016 until 30 January 2017