Paris events in February 2016: exhibitions, festivals, shows
You are in Paris in February 2016? We have selected for you best things to do in Paris in February 2016. Art exhibitions, concerts, festivals, shows, you have choice between many activities.
Enjoy your stay in the City of Light like a Parisian. Those activities ( some of them take place on Parisians’ favorite spots) will allow you to have an original experience during your visit of Paris.
Festivals and shows in Paris in February 2016
Theater – How to become Parisian in One Hour ?
You want to go to a Parisian theater? But you don’t understand French? We have the solution for you.
“How to become Parisian in one hour” is a show 100% in English which take place in the charming Theatre des Nouveautés . Olivier Giraud explains us with caricature and humor how Parisian lives. His show has gathered more than 500000 people, Parisians, French, expats and tourists from all over the world. We have assisted to one representation . We were not disappointed and all the spectators were laughing.
- Theatre des Nouveauté – 24 boulevard Poissonière (Mo Grand Boulevard)
- Every Friday, Saturday a 7pm , Sunday at 6pm and Monday at 8pm
- More info on theatredesnouveautes.fr
Festival au Fil des Voix 2016
– 4 to 15 Feb. 2016 at l’Alhambra
The famous Music Halls L’Alhambra and Studio de l’Ermitage, in Paris will host, from February 4 to 15, 2016,many kind of world music on the occasion of the ninth edition of the festival “au Fil des Voix”
Festival Les Nuits de l’Alligator 2016
– 14 to 28 Feb. 2016
From February 14 to 28 2016, the Festival Les Nuits de l’Alligator (Alligator’s Nights )will take place on la the scene of la Maroquinerie for several exceptional days. Goal ? Make you discover the latest musical gems from blues, folk or rock.
Festival A Nous Paris Fireworks 2016
– Du 23 au 29 février 2016 et Trabendo, Café de La Danse, or Badaboum…
Every year this festival shows us the new trends of Parisian music
in many famous music halls and bars of Paris like Trabendo, Café de La Danse, or Badaboum…
Paris Face Cachée (Hidden Paris )
from 5 to 7 Feb. 2016 many forbidden activities are possible. Hidden placed are opened.
Many original events are organized. More info in parisfacecachee.fr
Paris international Agricultural Fair Feb.27th to March 6th
One of the greatest Farmers fair in the World. It’s very appreciated by Parisian.
Products come from all the regions of France
read more on weather in Paris in February
Exhibitions in Paris in February 2016
Fondation Cartier pour l’Art Contemporain
– 5 Feb. to 1st May 2016
- Fernell Franco. Cali Clair-Obscur (photo exhibition)
- Daido Moriyama. Daido Tokyo (photo exhibition)
Photos exhibitions at Musée du Jeu de Paume – 9 Feb. au 22 mai 2016.
- Helena Almeida (photo exhibition)
- François Kollar (1904-1979), (photo exhibition).
Palais de Tokyo. – 11 Feb. au 23 mai 2016.
- Jean-Michel Alberola
- Louidgi Beltrame SAM Art Projects.
- Simon Evans, Lauréat du Prix Canson 2014.
- Sara Favriau
- Florian & Michael Quistrebert.
Events at Maison d’Amérique Latine de Paris
– 12 Feb. to 30 April 2016. Faces cachées. Photographie chilienne (1980-2015),
Musée du Quai Branly.
– 16 Feb. au 15 May 2016. Chamans and Divinities in Pre-columbian Ecuador,
Centre Pompidou (Contemporary & Modern Art)
– 17 Feb. au 16 May 2016. Gérard Fromanger.
– 24 Feb. au 23 May 2016. Les Années 1980. L’insoutenable légèreté. Photographies, films,
-16 Dec. To 18 April. 2016 Anselm Kiefer
– Feb. to June 2016. Jean-Baptiste Huet. Le plaisir de la nature.
Palais de la Mode
-7 Nov. 2015 to 20 March 2016. La mode retrouvée, les robes-trésors de la comtesse Greffulhe (Fashion Regained. The treasured dresses of Élisabeth, Countess Greffulhe )
Musée Marmottan Monet
– 10 Sept. 2015 to 7 Feb. 2016. Villa Flora. Les Temps enchantés
– 13 nov. 2015 to 15 Feb.2016. Lucien Clergue, The First albums.
Musée d’Art Moderne
– 2 Oct. 2015 To 7 Feb. 2016 Warhol Unlimited
Musée de Montmartre
Valadon, Utrillo & Utter at the workshop of 12 rue Cortot : 1912-1926
from 16 Oct. 2015 to 15 Feb. 2016
-until March 7th – Delacroix et l’Antique
read more Paris Exhibition event calendar
Maison Européenne de la Photographie
-28 Jan. 2016 – 27 March 2016
- Bettina Rheims (Photo Exhibition)
-03 Feb. 2016 – 27 March 2016
- Renaud Monfourny – Sui generis (Photo Exhibition)
- Tony Hage – PRIS SUR LE VIF (Photo Exhibition)
- Lendemain chagrin (4 Taiwanese photographers )
Events at Grand Palais
- Lucien Clergue Photography Exhibtion until February 14th 2016
- Picasso Mania until Feb. 29th ( Relationship between Picasso work and contemporary artistes like Basquia , Warhol…)
- Exhibition Louis Vuitton , Volez, Voguez, Voyagez until February 21st 2016 (free entrance!)
Seasonal events in Paris in February
Chinese New Year
This year about 13th and 14th Feb. many parade will take place to celebrate Chinese New Year and Têt in Paris.
The greatest will happen on Feb. 14th in the Asian quarter of Paris (13th arrondissement. It generally gather about 200 000 people).
Read more on Chinese New Year in Paris
The most romantic day in the most romantic city ! Many activities are organized like special show, dinners and cruises.
More on Valentine’s day in Paris
Each year Paris hase its carnival .
The next one will start on Feb 7th at 1pm at Place Gambetta